Friday, June 1, 2007

When does labor actually start?

That's a question that I have been thinking about for quite some time. In my opinion it started at least a week ago, if not two weeks ago!! HAHA!!!

I always pictured "the end" being the most exciting time. The baby is almost here, the baby stuff is all set up and ready to go, family and friends checking in to find out the latest on the ETA. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited but more than anything I am anxious!!! I hate that feeling. Not knowing when or where, not knowing what the pain will actually be like, not knowing if Matt will be there when it happens. I dream of being able to sleep in my bed again (actually laying on my back or even my stomach!!)....of being able to tie my shoes or shave my legs.....of not waking up to go to the bathroom for the zillionth time!! The rumor is (abundantly) that first pregnancies are usually overdue. I am still hoping that this happens before my due date or even on my due date. No one tells you about the aches and pains that creep up on you in the last few days/weeks of pregnancy. Sure, you hear about some of the horror stories, which I can honestly say isn't me (not at this point). But, I don't remember anyone telling me that I might end up sleeping on the couch in an upright position for the last week (or even two at the rate I am going). OR that my stomach would be harder than it's ever been and even painful to the touch. OR that the baby could choose positions that would make your back throb and ache long before you went into actual "labor". Or that the pressure from the baby would make you feel as though something were ripping inside of you. Ahhhh....the joys of pregnancy. Well, if I had known all 0f these wonderful facts I would still be here where I am at today and all of you would still be "listening" to my daily complaints. My mom always said that I liked to complain....she was right. I just never shut up!! Anyway, I need to remind myself that this journey hasn't been that bad....that what I have had to deal with does not even compare to what others have had to endure. God has been quite good to me and I know that he will continue to give me the strength I need to bring this little bugger into the world.

Well, at my last Dr. appointment the baby was doing great. The heart rate was around 123 again. I am now a "full" 2 cm (the doc said there was wiggle room) and 70% effaced instead of 50%. That doesn't seem like much progress to me but the doc was very happy with it. We talked about my options if I don't go into labor by my due date. Their practice is to induce 1 week after the actual due date. So, come June 12th we will have a baby one way or the other!! There is finally an end in sight!!!!

I guess that's about all for now.......the next posting should be from Matt! At least I hope it plays out that way!!!!

Please keep us in your prayers!!!!!!!

0 hugs: