Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Homemade....with love!

Lately I have been spending hours upon hours making food for Alida. I thought it would be so simple to puree some fruit and some veggies for her. And…for the most part it is but there are a few recipes that seem to require a little more time than I bargained for. I spent the evening “cooking” on Saturday night….it was actually quite productive. I made 6 different meals and they all tasted delish…if I do say so myself. There was this one in particular…tomato, cauliflower, carrots and cheese…YUMMY! Alida seems to like it too! At one point I attempted to make some veggies that sounded like a good idea but ended up tasting pretty nasty…parsnip, rutabaga, leeks….well, they tasted gross to me so I can only guess what Alida thought. She didn’t seem to take to them that well…I should have figured. But, for the most part it’s pretty fun cooking for her. The next few recipes will be chicken dishes…I made some “baby broth” for her instead of just adding water to puree the chicken. I think she’s gonna love it! By the way, the book I use is called “Top 100 Baby Purees” by Annabel Karmel…I love it! And I use the Magic Bullet (thanks Aunt Kris) to make the purees…works incredibly well…makes great frozen libations too!
Still not sleeping through the night. I tried letting her cry (as you all know) but I just can't do it...not when I think she may just be hungry. So...I am going to keep praying that she starts to sleep real soon!

Check out the tongue! She plays with it hanging out all the time!!!

2 hugs:

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl gets to eat your home cooking. I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad to see that you're using it and making lots of yummy food for little Alida! She's SO darn cute!!!